Since its inception in 1998, Hilco Transport’s Waste Division has steadily grown to become our largest hauling division. Hilco Transport, Inc. offers recycling transportation services to a broad range of customers including municipalities, industrial companies, recycling companies and some of the largest providers of waste disposal and landfill services in the United States.
The waste division operates out of facilities in Greensboro, Kannapolis, Clinton, Durham, Wilmington, and Troy in North Carolina. We also have a terminal in Duncan, South Carolina as well as trucks in several small satellite locations throughout the Carolinas and Virginia. Therefore, it is hard not to see one of our signature yellow trucks that have become Hilco’s trademark while traveling in these areas.
Hilco Transport’s recycling hauling services are known for:
- The ability to transport recyclables in a timely, efficient, and environmentally safe manner.
- Hands on management, proven experience, and one of the top safety ratings in the industry.
- Utilizing the best available equipment. Hilco’s fleet is comprised mostly of late model Mack and Kenworth Tractors.
- The use of self-unloading or “walking floor” trailers, in providing recyclable transportation services. Hilco’s walking floor trailers are manufactured by MAC Trailer to ensure the safest and most cost efficient equipment is utilized. These trailers are high sided and made of aluminum to ensure the maximum payload. They are primarily used for hauling single stream, co-mingle, shredded metal, fluff, residue, cardboard and even baled recyclable material.
- The ability to haul scrap metal or glass recycling in frameless steel dump trailers. These trailers are manufactured by MAC and Clement Trailer companies. These trailers are designed to handle rough materials as they are made of abrasion resistant steel.
- Top covers or tarps are capable of installation and removal from the ground. Trailers are designed with floors aimed to avoid leakage during transport.
- The ability to provide van trailers or walking floors for baled or palletized material that needs to loaded from a dock application.
- For special or unique recyclable hauling needs, we can also provide aluminum dump trailers as well as tankers. Contact us to discuss your specific hauling needs further!
Member of Carolina’s Recycling Association