Hilco Transport, Inc. remains as one of the few carriers in North Carolina that has the ability to transport the specialized product, Black Oil. Black Oil, also known as a heavy oil or residual fuel, is a general classification for heavier oils such as #5 Oil or #6 Oil. This petroleum based product is primarily used as a marine bunker fuel (IFO), for the production of electric power, for space heating, and for various other industrial purposes. We also frequently haul #4 oil, which is a blend of #6 Oil and #2 Oil (diesel).
Hilco Transport, Inc. has been transporting black oil for well over 26 years. Due to our vast experience and diverse background, Hilco Transport has emerged in this market as a specialized, third party carrier. Though market conditions and supply points have changed dramatically over the past few years, Hilco Transport, Inc. has remained flexible in its coverage and service to meet these changing needs and market demands. Currently, we are able to haul black oil out of Savannah, GA; Charleston, SC; and Chesapeake, VA back into the Carolinas. Our black oil trailers are currently based in Wilmington, NC.
Our service features and capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Dedicated insulated aluminum and steel barrel tankers rated to haul product up to 375-400°.
- Top of the line, late model trucks equipped with the latest technology and safety features.
- Knowledgeable dispatch and experienced, professional, and uniformed drivers.
- Drivers that have completed intensive safety and on-the-job training specific to hauling black oil.
- Electronic logging, tracking, and communication with drivers.
- Truck pump capabilities for industrial applications as well as trucks equipped with dedicated hoses and fittings for various delivery sites.
- Coast Guard Certified and equipped to haul black oil (IFO) for ship bunkering in NC.
QUALITY AND SERVICE ARE ALWAYS IN SEASON